Thanks

OneDrive Syncing

If I am understanding this process, then files or folders that I drag into the OneDrive folder will be synced...so if I MOVE a folder there, then whether it is synced or not or deleted or not will impact both the local and the OneDrive set...BUT if I COPY it / them to the OneDrive folder OneDrive, then the original File(s) remain static with any changes only affecting the items in the OneDrive folder?

Seems to be the case...yes? I surprise myself that I don't know the answer this already, but...what can I say?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    You get the same result if you drag,move or copy to OneDrive, the photo or folder will be synced to OneDrive and your PC. If you delete the photo or folder it will be deleted everywhere. To save room on your PC "Right Click" on OneDrive and select "Choose OneDrive folders to sync" then uncheck any folder and it will disappear from your PC but remain online. Not sure if this is what you were asking but hope this helps.
    Cheers Pete.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    If I am understanding this process, then files or folders that I drag into the OneDrive folder will be synced...so if I MOVE a folder there, then whether it is synced or not or deleted or not will impact both the local and the OneDrive set...
    Your OneDrive folder is the same as any other folder on your computer with one exception - it's contents will be synced with the cloud drive.

If you move a file from C:\Temp to C:\OneDrive (for example), then there will only be the one copy of that file on your computer, but there will also be a copy in the cloud.

If you copy a file from C:\Temp to C:\OneDrive, then there will be TWO copies on your computer plus the one that's in the cloud.

Is that what you are asking?
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Thanks
    Yes, thanks Graham.

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"