Thanks

New Windows 7 Computer

I just purchased a new Windows 7 computer. I got a Dell Inspiron 3847 with a Haswell CPU. Everything but the Inspiron has a Skylake CPU, so I went with the Inspiron.

Check the Business computers on the Dell website; that's where you'll find the Windows 7 computers.

I know that the deadline for buying a new PC with Windows 7 on it is Oct 31, 2016. But there's another deadline you need to think about, if you want Windows 7: you need a CPU which is prior to Skylake. I figure that sooner or later Dell (and everyone else) will run out of Haswell chips, and there weren't too many Broadwell chips made; so you'd better buy now, while the Haswell chips are still available.

Thanks
    A funny thing during the process: After I ordered and paid for the new computer, I decided to see what slots were on the motherboard, to see if I can install my card which provides PS/2 ports for the mouse and keyboard. Try as I might, I couldn't find that info anywhere on the Dell website. So I called Dell tech support, and the tech who answered couldn't find it either, even though he looked for a while!

That info was not even in the three manuals available for download for this computer. The closest they came to providing the info was to tell you how to remove or install the motherboard; but there were no details about the motherboard itself.

The first thing I did, upon receiving the computer, was to open the case and see what was in it. I verified that it did, in fact, have a Haswell chip. Also, it has 3 PCIE slots, one of which is x16, and two of which are x1. It has 4 SATA ports. And it has two memory slots.