New Lounger
    Thanks

android usb driver is not recognized by win 10

Hi all, need some help.
    Since win 10 was pushed and upgraded my PC from win 7 (unwillingly) I can't connect my old Galaxy S2 rooted with JB 4.3 OS ver via usb.
    I have installed and uninstalled and reinstalled and refreshed android JB drivers (Kies3) and have changed cable but win 10 will recognize the connection for few seconds and then an error massage.
    I'm very fond of my S2.
    Any help?
    Tx
    Sam

Thanks
    Since you have no responses as yet I will suggest posting to http://www.howardforums.com/content.php or another Android forum. Please post the link and results.

FYI the much maligned Kies only supplies the USB drivers usually Windows can do that type of thing on its own. If Kies is not the objective try uninstalling and allowing windows to do its thing. Some things to think about: Does the phone show up in 'Computer' in Explorer? What USB mode is the phone in?

David

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. I'd try to uninstall kies and let win struggle. The s2 usb mode is mtp. I can see s2 showing up in explorer for few seconds and than a yellow triangle in the device manager usb hubs sayng that this driver is not recognized. Truely frustrating.
    Sam
    Last edited by satrow; 2016-05-16 at 11:28.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is how to fix Windows 10 doesn’t recognize Android phone: http://windowsreport.com/windows-10-...gnize-android/ .
    Maybe there are a couple of things in that article that you haven't tried.