New Lounger

Windows Error Message

Wed, Jan. 9, 2002 at 8:29PM(PST) I have been getting an error message in Windows 98 desktop page as follows:
    "Batmeter.Dll is linked to missing export Setupapi.Dll: SetupDiGetDevice Interface Detail A" Is there an easy solution to this problem? It may be because I deleted Real Jukebox. My computer works fine except that I have to click off the error message to go on the internet. Thanks. clipper01

Uranium Lounger
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Re: Windows Error Message

Could be Real. No comment on their software, but sometimes a third-party application can replace SETUPAPI.DLL and strange problems result. Try the following from a command prompt (DOS box):

REN C:WINDOWSSystemSetupapi.dll setupapi.old
    EXPAND <CD-ROM drive letter:>setupapi.dl_ C:WINDOWSSystemSetupapi.dll

If you're not comfortable with DOS, and many people are not, use the Windows 98 System File Checker (Start - Run - SFC) and select the "extract a single file" option. Enter SETUPAPI.DLL as the file to extract and send it to C:WINDOWSSystem. It will probably require a reboot, even if System File Checker doesn't say so.

Microsoft also has an article in the Knowledge Base on this exact problem: <A target="_blank" HREF=;EN-US;q232489>Error Message: Batmeter.dll Is Linked to Missing Export... (Q232489)</A>