Star Lounger
    Thanks

OneNote 2013 no longer remembers password

Within the past couple weeks each and every time I open OneNote2013 it asks for my password to sync with the files on OneDrive. This is new behavior. It didn't use to do this. I cannot find a setting to tell it to remember the password on the laptop. What the hell? Anybody know why/how to fix this?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've had this happen three times in the past few months with the free version of OneNote2016. In each case, I had to go to the account page and switch accounts. I just gave it the credentials of my original account again and it reconnected and stayed that way.

If that doesn't work, then try removing the credential (control panel / credential manager) and letting it be recreated when you start OneNote.
    ***Caution I cannot guarantee results since this is only something that I read and am passing on.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmith-plm View Post
    I've had this happen three times in the past few months with the free version of OneNote2016. In each case, I had to go to the account page and switch accounts. I just gave it the credentials of my original account again and it reconnected and stayed that way.

If that doesn't work, then try removing the credential (control panel / credential manager) and letting it be recreated when you start OneNote.
    ***Caution I cannot guarantee results since this is only something that I read and am passing on.
    When I got to it it had already created a second PC so I set that one up and deleted the old one. Seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Damn. Spoke too soon.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    "Created a second PC"? Not sure what you are referring to.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When you log in to One Drive online (where the cloud One NOte file is stored), you can log into the PC's that are contributing files. Mike-PC (the original) and Mike-PC(1) both existed. Mike-PC would not work. (1) would, so I deleted the original one. Lost no files but I still have to log in to sync the local One Note.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    All this time it's been asking me for a password on the laptop whenever I open OneNote, and not asking on the phone. Today, the laptop synced itself without asking for the password. Hallelujah!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Spoke too soon. Wierd crap.