New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2016 crashes every day or 2

Microsoft recently advised that my Window Live Mail would no longer sync after June 2016. They offered a free year of Office 365 including Outlook 2016 as a replacement mail client. I installed it a few weeks ago and have been experiencing Outlook crashes every day or so - sometimes more than once a day. I have had Microsoft technical help, but they only restored me and that lasted about a day. I'm running Win10 on an Alienware computer with Intel i7-4700MQ processor and 16GM RAM. Is anyone else having similar issues? Any solutions?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Have you tried running Outlook with add-ins disabled?
    Joe

Thanks
    Do you have any other version of Outlook installed? If so, I would suggest uninstalling all versions of Outlook, rebooting, then reinstall Outlook 2016.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Can you provide more information about the crash? What happens exactly? Are there any error messages? Have you looked in Event Viewer, both for Application and System messages? Does the crash occur at any particular point, such as when opening an email? Can you just restart Outlook after the crash, or does it require a reboot? Is there a consistent pattern that you can replicate?

I also have Office 365, but running under Win7. When first installed, I had an issue with Word, where it would crash every time when I exited. I fixed that by going to Winword.exe > Properties > Compatibility, and setting it to run in compatibility mode for Win7. Your problem could be related, so perhaps go to Outlook.exe > Properties > Compatibility, and set it to run in compatibility mode for Win10. Worth a try.