New Lounger
    Thanks

Download for Windows Media Center for Windows 8

Sorry about this but I desperately would like a link to download windows Media CENTER for my Windows 8.1 Pro computer. I have purchased in the past from Microsoft the required product key,and had Media Centre on my computer and used it frequently, then somehow Windows 10 installed itself (true, I opened up the computer one day and it started...I tried to stop it happening but by the time I shut the computer down Win 10 had uninstalled my Media Center) And, of course, there is nowhere on Microsofts site where I can get a download. I even rang Microsofts Help Line and pleaded with them but was told it was "impossible".
    I have tried most of the replacements but none come up to the same quality and ease of use as Microsoft WMC. Can anyone help please? Richard.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uptonhowitt View Post
    Sorry about this but I desperately would like a link to download windows Media CENTER for my Windows 8.1 Pro computer. I have purchased in the past from Microsoft the required product key,and had Media Centre on my computer and used it frequently, then somehow Windows 10 installed itself (true, I opened up the computer one day and it started...I tried to stop it happening but by the time I shut the computer down Win 10 had uninstalled my Media Center) And, of course, there is nowhere on Microsofts site where I can get a download. I even rang Microsofts Help Line and pleaded with them but was told it was "impossible".
    I have tried most of the replacements but none come up to the same quality and ease of use as Microsoft WMC. Can anyone help please? Richard.
    WMC was discontinued with the advent of Win10. I don't know what features you desire but I use VLC for playing movie DVDs. There are some inexpensive media apps listed on the Store, do a Search for Media Center when you get that up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

uptonhowitt (2016-05-21)

Thanks
    There wasn't a download for WMC for Windows 8, it was activated by applying the key to add new features within control panel.

Here's an excerpt from the email I received along with my WMC key.

Follow these steps to add Windows 8 Media Center Pack to your PC running Windows 8 Pro:
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search).
    2. Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
    3. Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.
    4. Then tap or click I already have a product key.
    5. Enter the product key, and then click Next.
    6. Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.
    Your PC will restart automatically and Windows Media Center will be available for use.