3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

EEBox PC - does not support Win 10, but I keep getting the prompt to download the update!

The EEBox PC that I use as a media centre runs Win7 Pro. I have tried originally to upgrade to Win10, but after downloading 3Gb and trying to install, and failed, I was given the reason being that Win10 can't be installed due to the hardware not being up to the minimum standard. This was October 2015.

Since then I keep getting the reminders on the System Tray and Windows Updates that keep trying to install Win10. It just doesn't work!

How do I either "force" the upgrade or prevent it....?

Thanks
    Install GWX contol panel.

More info here

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried it one last time last night.......
    Guess what?
    The Windows 10 update installed fine, and the machine is now fully up to date with Windows 10, fully activated, and (apparently) working fine!
    Yay!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Photorer View Post
    I tried it one last time last night.......
    Guess what?
    The Windows 10 update installed fine, and the machine is now fully up to date with Windows 10, fully activated, and (apparently) working fine!
    Yay!
    It's very possible the included drivers back in October weren't as plentiful as in the November update. The earlier version was 10240 while November was 10586 and several build updates since then, now at 10586.318 when I updated 4 Notebooks the last couple of days. Type winver in the Search or Run box to see what you have installed. The complete version will show Version 1511 and Build 10586.318. The 1511 part indicates the November 2015 release.
    Last edited by Berton; 2016-05-26 at 12:07.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I will have a look tonight............! Thanks for the tip!

I actually thought that MS would eventually have to support more and more machines, to ensure uptake of their OS. It certainly went like clockwork, and seems to work great! (So Far)!!