2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SQL Server outdated

I need help!Please. Secunia notifies me that my SQL Server(2005)is outdated and I need the 2012(or 2014?)version.I am not computer savvy,have no idea what SQL Server does and when tried to download at the Microsoft site,I couldn't find where to download.There was all kinds of "stuff"wherever I tried looking,but no clear "download".There was "express"download?!Didn't dare that one.
    Could someone kindly help me and tell me what am i to do(and how,please).
    Thanks very much!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    SQL Server is a database manager. You either have or had a program installed which uses SQL Server to manage a database it needs. The software vendor would be responsible for upgrading its programs to use a newer version of SQL Server as the current version may not work with a newer SQL server version. If you are really concerned you need to figure out which program uses SQL Server.
    Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

macko1944 (2016-05-30)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    This is unlikely to be an issue you need to sort out as SQL will only be used by a specific program, not as a general app facing the internet.

cheers, Paul

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

macko1944 (2016-05-30)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you both so much.As usual,the experts are always totally helpful.Fast and efficient.Now I understand that I can just ignore this issue,because it is not important for me-I am a simple user of my computer.Thank you again-so much!!