New Lounger
    Thanks

Printing blank fields in Publisher 2013 Catalog

I have built a catalog in Publisher 2013 using an Excel 2007 database. I want a blank line to print when a merge field is empty but can't figure out how do do it. Everything I can find is about Word mail merges and it's all about preventing blank lines.

Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile Problem printing empty fields in Publisher Catalog merge solved

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Campbell View Post
    I have built a catalog in Publisher 2013 using an Excel 2007 database. I want a blank line to print when a merge field is empty but can't figure out how do do it. Everything I can find is about Word mail merges and it's all about preventing blank lines.

Thanks.
    Solved my problem. I wanted to print a list of values of merge fields from an Excel database, each on a separate line, with blank lines where the field was blank so that the list maintained a constant length. To do that, the cells first have to be formatted as "text". Then each has to have at least one blank space typed in. Because I had a fairly large spread sheet with the merge data, I first formatted the whole sheet to "text" then wrote a macro to search the sheet for for empty cells and insert a space. All is well.