Thanks

Exclamation KB3123862 Desperation

It seems like Microsoft is desperately trying to influence the migration to Windows 10 with the release of KB3123862, but "experts" recommend avoiding this update.

If you want Windows 10 (and have lived under a rock for the past year and didn't know about the free upgrade), then install this update.

If, for some strange reason,you did NOT want to install Windows 10 (due to lack of backwards compatibility, included telemetry, software incompatibilities, hardware driver problems, forced albeit sometimes delayed updates that may or may not work properly, start screen advertisements, unscheduled software uninstallations, Cortana, Edge, legacy hardware incompatibilties, etc.), then do not install this update until Microsoft provides more information. This update (although optional) is akin to KB3035583.

Side note:
    Yes. I do know about GWX Control Panel and Never10. You do not need to educate me again. Already blocked unintended OS upgrades...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I already have that one hidden after when it was presented, I clicked on it then on the More info link in the right pane.

I do this with all updates these days before accepting them for download and install.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgstanley View Post
    It seems like Microsoft is desperately trying to influence the migration to Windows 10 with the release of KB3123862, but "experts" recommend avoiding this update.
    That was four months ago though, right?

Thanks
    I "Hid" it in Feb., so it came out on my optional updates then.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The KB3123862 update was silently revised in mid-May 2016, so the "new" one offered in mid-May 2016 is a "revised" version than the one originally offered in early Feb. 2016.