Lurker
    Thanks

Hi! Guys i want to install window sp3

Hi! Guyes i have window xp sp2 but on sp2 skype and other software is not runing so i want to install service pack 3 version.can you suggest me any website link for downloading window xp service pack 3.
    Last edited by satrow; 2016-06-05 at 02:47.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Are you using XP x32 or 64bit version as SP2 is the latest for x64 whereas SP3 was released only for the 32 bit version.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    Are you using XP x32 or 64bit version as SP2 is the latest for x64 whereas SP3 was released only for the 32 bit version.
    Do note that only the Professional version of WinXP was available as either 32-bit or 64-bit. I've not worked on the 64-bit. There just wasn't many 64-bit programs written for it. I used to have a copy but never had suitable hardware for 64-bit until Win7 came about.

Thanks

The truth

Unfortunately, Microsoft released Service Pack 3 for Windows XP in 2008, and they are currently cleaning house of older non-supported operating systems (which includes an end of support for Windows XP in 2014) from their servers. This is unlike Microsoft's online availability of updates for previous versions (e.g. Windows 3.x, Windows 9x, etc.) that were available to download long after the end-of-support was announced for the particular operating systems and applications. This may be an attempt to move everyone to Windows 10 for supported hardware configurations for the future.

This means that direct download of XPSP3 directly from Microsoft's servers has been removed (or at least severely limited, to the best of my knowledge). The only available downloads of this particular service pack is via third-party sources, such as majorgeeks.com.

You are be several years late in actually downloading the update directly from the source (that being Microsoft).

I haven't tested the MajorGeeks download, because I downloaded the actual SP3 directly from Microsoft years ago and slipstreamed it into my sources for my XP systems; this particular download from third-parties may or may not be slipstreamed properly... (Feedback is appreciated, if this particular download has been tested by other users...)

It may be important to say that all first-party updates to the Operating System and programs should be downloaded and archived locally directly from the source (but not necessarily installed), whether one intends to install or not, rather than third-party sources; because the first-party updates may not be readily available in the future, depending on the market goals of the company. Another caveat is that first-party downloads are almost always more secure and reliable than third-party sources that may modify or bundle their downloads with PUPs. Everything on the internet lasts forever, unless there are profit margins involved...

Quite frankly, it sickens me when some forum members and even moderators of this forum link to third-party downloads when first-party sources are more than available... I'm losing faith in this forum...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    There was nothing wrong with the Digital River site for downloading Win 7 SP1 ISOs and that was a 3rd party site.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgstanley View Post
    The only available downloads of this particular service pack is via third-party sources, such as majorgeeks.com.
    By viewing the download page you linked to (at Majorgeeks) I notice three choices for download, two are from Majorgeek while the first one in the list of clickable choices is Microsoft. Have you tested and found that the first link is not actually to a Microsoft server? Are you implying that it isn't a link to one of Microsoft's servers?
    Last edited by RockE; 2016-06-17 at 12:10. Reason: html change

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    There was nothing wrong with the Digital River site for downloading Win 7 SP1 ISOs and that was a 3rd party site.
    Digital River was not a third-party site. As an authorized licensed distributor of Microsoft products, it was in fact a second-party site. Majorgeeks is not. It is actually an unlicensed third-party site distributing legacy software (in this case), unfortunately violating the EULA regarding distribution for the said software.

Thanks
    KB936929 (SP3 update for XP x86) is still available from Micro$oft at: http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...2300ebfde4.exe

Note: after you click the link your browser will either commence downloading "windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe" or will offer to "Run" or "Save/Save as". I would suggest choosing "Save" or "Save as".
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.