Thread: Mangled

Thanks

Mangled

I just bought a new laptop with Win 10 on it, and am having grief already. I'm pretty much an XP user, with a bit of 7 when I have no other option.

So, what happened:

Because of my arthritis I have a hard time using a touch pad, so always use a USB mouse. I was using the mouse but hadn't yet found where to disable the touchpad.

I dragged a sleeve across the touchpad and things went nuts. I have now disabled the touchpad.

What happens is, when I try to do pretty much anything (using Firefox, Gmail) like entering a search or a URL, opening an email or writing on, as soon as I touch the keyboard a new empty tab pops up.

I called tech support at the store chain where I bought it and all they wanted to do was a reset. Not if I can help it, after I spent all yesterday afternoon and evening getting things set up and starting to download some programs.

Help, anyone??
    TIA
    ~granny m
    Last edited by cybercrone; 2016-06-06 at 13:44. Reason: Trying to find option to be notified of replies. Can't.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    At the top of your "Mangled" post you should see Thread Tools with a drop-down arrow (i.e., triangle). If I click it, it gives me the option to subscribe to your thread. (You have to be logged in, of course.)

RockE
    Last edited by RockE; 2016-06-06 at 16:48.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RockE For This Useful Post:

cybercrone (2016-06-06)

Thanks
    "...What happens is, when I try to do pretty much anything (using Firefox, Gmail) like entering a search or a URL, opening an email or writing on, as soon as I touch the keyboard a new empty tab pops up..."
    Did the problem of an empty tab popping up every time he touches the keyboard get solved? If so, what was the solution? I'd like to learn.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    OK, gang. Problem solved. After going through all the Win and Firefox settings to see what changed, and finding nothing, I shut it off for the night.
    This morning, no problem.
    REBOOT rides again. this being Win, don't ask me why I didn't try that first thing . . . .