iNET Interactive
    Thanks

Windows 7 SP1 blocking nondestructive reinstall

LangaList Plus

Windows 7 SP1 blocking nondestructive reinstall

By Fred Langa

Microsoft is phasing out the classic "Service Packs" in favor of ongoing, incremental updates. But millions of Win7 systems have the original SP1 installed and sometimes that causes trouble.

Plus: Confusing results from Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool and solving Win10 image-backup problems.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/langalist-plus/windows-7-sp1-blocking-nondestructive-reinstall/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On the Nondestructive Reinstall of Win7 SP1, would it not be worth the time to make a slipstream version of Win7 SP1 and try a nondestructive reinstall that way?

I did this for XP and Win7 to maintain our office computers more easily.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidFB View Post
    On the Nondestructive Reinstall of Win7 SP1, would it not be worth the time to make a slipstream version of Win7 SP1 and try a nondestructive reinstall that way?

I did this for XP and Win7 to maintain our office computers more easily.
    I downloaded an Win7 SP1 slipstream ISO from Microsoft, I've used it several times since to rebuild 'broken' Win 7 systems.

nw