5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Question Icons on the Task Bar - is it possible to make them bigger?

I finally bit the bullet and installed Windows 10 - so far, not so bad. There is one difference between it and Win 8.1 that annoys me a bit and I am hoping there is an easy solution to its resolution. On my Desk Top, I keep the Task Bar on the right side of my monitor and the first thing I noticed is that all the icons in Win 10 are about half the size of the ones that were on the Win8.1 task bar, so I am wondering if there is a way to make them bigger, as they are a bit harder to read when they are this small. Any insight that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ron M

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Check Settings | Personalization | Task Bar to make sure that "Use small taskbar buttons" is off.
    Joe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    I think you'll have more success with:

Control Panel ->All Control Panel Items ->Personalization -> Taskbar and Navigation (lower left corner).

T&BProperties.PNG

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    RG,

That part of the control panel has been moved to settings in the latest Insider Preview Builds and therefore in the Anniversary update due in July. If the OP can use that part of the Control Panel now great but it won't be available much longer.
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, but I already have that turned off and I would still like to have them bigger. I was wondering if there is a Registry setting that can be changed to make that happen. I don't know, I just have the questions.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron M; 2016-06-13 at 14:45.

Thanks
    You can use a small utility called 7+ Taskbar Tweaker available via this page: http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker

I originally used it in W7/8/8.1 and now in W10 to close the gaps between the Taskbar icons:

. . . . and it also has the facility to make the icons larger by changing the Data value in the Advanced options.

Note: This utility may not be compatible with some later W10 Insider Preview versions but I’m sure the program author will address any issues in the near future for final released versions as he has done in the past.
    Give it a try, explore all the options should you want to, and see what you think.

This useful page: How to make Taskbar icons bigger in Windows 10 - http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-make-...in-windows-10/ . . . . should help you out.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    -Moonshine- thanks for your help. It seems we have another undocumented Windows feature - very small icons .

This worked exactly how I hoped it would.

Ron M