2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How do you want to open this?

I recently was upgraded to Win 10 and I tried to change the default web browser to other than Edge. I used "Control Panel | Programs | Set your default programs" panel but every time I click on a web link I still get the "How do you want to open this?" pop up. Is there any fix for this? How about a registry tweak?
    Thanks,

C DeWitt

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Not being a Win 10 user - but at a guess, you'll probably need to set a default browser as it should be done.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/h...0-just-5-steps

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If it's happening in Outlook, try exiting out and starting the registry editor. Open the "Run" window and type "regedit" in the open box and press OK. In the editor, locate and click this subkey: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shell\opennew\command

If the opennew and command registry keys aren't there, you can add them. Click this subkey: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shell and on the edit menu, point to "New" and click "Key". Type "opennew" and press Enter. Click the opennew registry key. On the edit menu, do the same thing. Point to "New" and click "Key", type command and hit Enter. Under opennew, find "(Default)" and then double click it. In the Value Data box, if you want the link to open in a new tab, enter this: cmd /c start %1 . If you want the link to open a new window, enter this: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" %1

Click OK and then exit the editor.

Thanks
    Start > Settings > System > Default apps > Web browser

Hope this helps...