New Lounger
    Thanks

Power Desk won't show files, say "Filters On"

I am using Win 7 and PowerDesk 8.4.1.12.

I know this is not a PowerDesk forum but am hoping some user of PD is here and can help me.

Something has happened to my PowerDesk, maybe I unknowingly reset something, heck I don't know. The main file headings come up in the left had column but when I click on any one of those to see the files they will not show up and over on the right side it says "Filters On." I have looked everywhere in PowerDesk to see if I could find something to click on the get rid of the "Filters On" if that is indeed what is causing my problem. I tried to attach a Picture of what I am talking about. Hope it works. Thanks for any help solving this problem.

Eudora Filters On.jpg
    Last edited by jimeee; 2016-06-13 at 20:03.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    After hours of fiddling around with PowerDesk I finally figured out how to cure my problem. I did a search a few days ago and somehow that search filtered everything, how it did it I have no idea yet but it must have been the culprit because the word I searched for was the filter word. I went and did another search using PD but didn't see anyway to select filter though. Anyway everything is working okay again.

Thanks for looking at my problem to those of you who did.

Jim
    ==

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In the "View" drop-down menu, there is an item "Filters". This allows you to set what files PowerDesk will display. Under "Show only the Following Files", I have it set to *.*, meaning show all files of all types. Possibly you had it set to something else? There are some other options in there as well, worth looking at.

Do you intend to install Windows 10? Here's a tale: A long time ago, when I was running XP, I discovered PowerDesk, installed version 6, and was very happy with it. Later on I moved to Windows 7, and decided to give PD version 8 a go. Again, very happy with it. Recently I took the plunge and installed Windows 10, only to be told that PD version 8 was incompatible - I was required to uninstall it before the installation would proceed. So I did that and Win 10 installed successfully. Once it was up and running, I tried to re-install PD 8 again, but Win 10 refused even to run the install file, saying it was incompatible. Fortunately I had kept the install file for PD 6, so I tried that, and to my surprise, it worked. So now I have PD version 6. running under Win 10, and as good as ever. So if you intend to go to Windows 10 and also want to stay with PowerDesk, see if you can find the installer for PD version 6. The one I have is called PowDesk6013_US.exe.

Version 6 does not have some of the features of version 8, but is perfectly functional.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Mine is 9.0.1.10 but I think it's the same.

VIEW/Filters has 'Show only the Following Files box, chiefly to confine yourself to extensions (but with other uses as well).

Attributes shows boxes for four attributes, but it's tricky because each of the four has three (and maybe four in your case) settings, and they are all independent of one another. Just keep clicking on a single box until you figure out what's gong on - or check the Help. (The contents of the box will change with successive clicks.)

Display in File List has three simple settings.

Show "Filters On" can be turned off, but you'd be crazy to do it.

Check for upgrades - I (already having version 9) can upgrade to a higher version of 9 (for Win 10) for nine bucks US$, and it has some improvements. That is probably what I am using now - I have several computers with it paid for and installed on each, and I don't know which is which anymore. If there is a deal you can afford, it might pay to get the improvements the latest version brings.