Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook / Exchange Global Address Book Updaters (Outlook 2000, Exchange Se

A year or so ago someone (editor or columnist) on ZDNet reported that MS had a utility GAB.EXE that allowed an end-user to update at least some of their individual data in the Exchange Global Address List. I tried to get it at the time, and failed miserably - I think this was because we didn't have the right Select agreement with MS.

Anyone know anything about this utility? What version of Select do you need? (I deduced Back Office Select - we've only got Applications.)

Anyone know about any alternative utilities that do the same thing? Ideally, we'd like some kind of config that lets us declare what the user can modify - in an ideal world, we'd like to have the utility batch them up and send them off to a administrator to be authorized before being merged into the Global Address Book.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook / Exchange Global Address Book Updaters (Outlook 2000, Exchang

I think the Back Office Resource Kit (BORK) CD has this utility - or something comparable. It's been a while, but as I recall it allowed the user logged into an account to modify the fields that appear in the Exchange recipient properties tab. I don't recall any detail beyond that.