Thread: Outlook 2010

New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2010

Vaio VPCL117FX Win Home Premium 64 bit SP1

I had to reinstall Outlook 2010 since I replaced my hard, but I ran into this issue when I attempt to open the program:Outlook1.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DOhannesian View Post
    Vaio VPCL117FX Win Home Premium 64 bit SP1

I had to reinstall Outlook 2010 since I replaced my hard, but I ran into this issue when I attempt to open the program:Outlook1.png
    Don't know if it's the solution but were you able to save/backup your .pst file from the old HDD? That's probably what Outlook is looking for.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sounds like it could be one of two things. Either .ost file corruption or Outlook is running in compatibility mode.

If it's the former, remove any old profiles you don't use (control panel > mail > show profiles), re-create an .ost file or just create a new profile from scratch.

If it's the latter and you want to switch off Compatibility Mode, you'll go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office XX\Outlook.exe, right click on Outlook.exe and go to the Properties > Compatibility tab. Uncheck the "Run in Compatibility Mode" tab, click Apply and OK

More often it's the compatibility mode issue but it's likely one of the two. Hopefully this helps.