Thanks

Flash player update available

For those that have Flash Player, the latest update is now available. ver 22.0.0.192

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lumpy95 For This Useful Post:

Trev (2016-06-17)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been watching this thread for a while in hopes that maybe someone else would report a problem similar to what happened to me. It seemed like right after I updated the Flash Player in Firefox, to 22.0.0.192, my AVG Free Antivirus got knocked out of whack (all RED circles showing that nothing was working, and Windows 7 was reporting a warning that I had NO antivirus program)!

I should have made a restore point before updating Flash Player but I've never had a problem before this. After uninstalling Flash Player entirely, I ran chkdsk and it fixed and got rid of some things. The only way to fix the AVG was to uninstall and re-install it. Things are back to normal but I had to get rid of Flash Player for firefox. The MS Internet Explorer version had no problems at all.

If anyone else has had any problems with this update I'd be interested to know about it. This doesn't appear to be so since some appreciable time has gone by since your posting this thread, but thought I'd bring it up anyway. I'm running Win 7 HP 64 bit on a 4 year old machine with Asus P8H61-MLE CSM Rev. 3.0 Mobo, Intel I3 3.3GHz, 4 Gigs of RAM and a Seagate 1.5 TB Barracuda HD. Thanks.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay.... I'll go on the assumption that nobody else had this problem and/or it's not attributable to the update.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I once got an alert that Norton Security wasn't working but can't remember if that followed the FF FP update and just attributed it to one of those things.

I didn't have to remove and reinstall as I got a Fix now prompt which did the job.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Sudo15. I'm still trying to get up the courage to try it again. Then I wonder if having Flash Player is really worth it.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    If you need Flash Player, then yes. I think for most people Flash Player isn't required.

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CEScott View Post
    Thanks Sudo15. I'm still trying to get up the courage to try it again. Then I wonder if having Flash Player is really worth it.
    I would think the AVG Definition updates will have moved on by now so that it shouldn't conflict.

While FF will look for HTML code on a web page, if the page doesn't support it then it will use FP so you will need it to get all content.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, I'll give it try. This time I'll have a freshly made restore point!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, all went well and I installed the FP update 22.0.0.192 for FF. All is as it should be and no problems this time. Thank you all for your help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    A result then