Thread: MGADiag

Super Moderator
    Thanks

MGADiag

Since April I've never been presented with Windows Updates and have always been prompted to Check for updates manually to the point now where it just hangs after days of running it.

This laptop has been factory reset a number of times just recently in an attempt to resolve wuauserv maxing out the CPU and high memory usage.

Have run the usual MS Fixes with the update component reset reporting it couldn't repair error 0x80070003.

Decided to run MGADiag.exe and it has reported 4 file mismatches with that same error, which I presume is why the Fixit cannot repair it.

Perhaps someone can have a look at the log and suggest how I can fix those - an offboot sfc /scannow found no fault.

It also says ActiveX not registered with an error code - don't know what that means.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Having done a Google to see what that wat file was, found an update to download for the Windows Activation Technologies then ran MGADiag again which no longer showed any mismatches, although the update components reset is still showing that it cannot fix error 80070003.

The ActiveX registered error is also now showing as Registered.

Anyway, as the topic of the thread is now solved, I'll mark this thread as such.