Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlook forms

protrain

Outlook forms

I am trying to create a simple outlook form with two check boxes on it that I can send to users in the company, they can simple check the appropriate boxes hit reply and it will send it back to me. I can't seem to get it to work. DOes it need to be the reply message or under actions does it have to be the message that is sent as the reply. Then where do I put it in Organizational folders? I am very frustrated. Thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook forms

are you working with both the read and reply panes? can you post it as an attachment here and we can take a look, with forms it's often easier to see it.

do you have organizational folders listed as an option?

protrain

It sounds like organizational folders is the way to go. I am not on a network, but the person I am helping with this is. I guess my question is more what is the difference in how you set up a form. I don't understand if I want them to be able to fill it out and send back to me. Do I make that form the form listed under Actions and Reply?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

org folder is just for storage, they'll use it on the network but it won't effect the design of the form.

yes, it needs listed under actions and reply.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Are you using Voting buttons?

If you create a message and then got to view/options and tick Use voting buttons, you can then fill in the options you want ticked and these appear as buttons on the top of the form.

You then tell the receiver in the body of the message to click the appropriate button (Tell them to look at the top of the form for it or they will not notice it) and it all works automatically.
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia

JGRAY12345678910

I created an Outlook form only to learn from IS that we do not have a Microsoft Exchange Server which they say, renders this feature useless. Anyone know what I could do to get around this problem and create forms in my Outlook messages without incurring any or very negligible expense? Thanks! [img]/w3timages/icons/baby.gif[/img]

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

IS are idiots, but you probably figured that out long ago. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Custom forms are for all outlook's, exchange server or not. Everyone does need to use outlook, that is the only requirement. And if using exchange server, it's pretty much a given that all are using outlook.

The only real requirements, after outlook, is that you need to send the form as rich text and include the form defination, since there is no organizational forms library for them.

JGRAY12345678910

Mary-thanks for the quick response. I am SO encouraged BUT...I must be missing a detail. I opened a NEW message form in Outlook, addressed it to myself, then used TOOLS to CHOOSE FORM, then DESIGN THIS FORM - designed it - then TOOLS, PUBLISH form - saved it to my Personal Directory. At this point I wasn't sure what to do with the still in-design form on my screen. I clicked to close it - message said "Do you want to save changes?" I said YES - and it closed. Oh - title at top of message said (RICH TEXT) - I still don't where to set this for a particular message even tho I read the HELP in OUTLOOK once I heard from you. In the HELP it says "Right-click the recipient's e-mail ddress, click PROPERTIES on shortcut menu, then select ALWAYS SEND TO THIS RECIPIENT IN MICRO.OUTLOOK RICH-TEXT FORMAT checkbos. Do this for each recipient to whom you are sending the item." I have checked all my addresses following this instruc. I do NOT haveany such verbiage or check box.

During design form stage, when I chose PUBLISH FORM AS a Mic.Outlook message popped up that said "If you intend to send thi form to other users, Outlook recommends that the "Save Form Df. ......" check box on the Properties tab be checkd. ........ Do you want the check box checked?" I chose YES in each instance.

Do you think IS does not have this particular feature enabled when they set up Outlook on the network server and/or when they installed Outlook on my remote PC?

Now, to send message I clicked NEW - CHOOSE FORM - opened Personal folder, selected form saved, and when it popped up in form design, I addressed it to myself, sent it - received it with no form format.

Thank you so very much - [img]/w3timages/icons/baby.gif[/img]

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

are you using corp mode or internet only? see help > about if unsure. it sounds like IMO, from the missing RTF checkbox. IMO has always send in plain text instead. Do not enable that.

The form you opened should not have been in design mode. Everything else sounds correct. oh, were you using separate send and recieve designs?

(Hint publish to a folder and use the actions menu when in that folder)

JGRAY12345678910

I don't know what keyword to choose when I try HELP re if I'm using corp mode or inernet only. Nor do I know where to enable or disable such a choice.

To my knowledge I wasn't using sep. send and receive designs - what would I do or not do to execute or identify such a send/receive process?

Re your hint - pub to folder/use ACTIONS menu when in that folder...When I choose NEW, CHOOSE FORM...and the form I created and stored in my PERSONAL FORMS folder pops up I then try to use ACTIONS but the only choices I have on the drop-down are: NEW MAIL MSG, FLAG FOR FOLLOW-UP, JUNK E-MAIL, FIND ALL, & FORWARD. Am I supposed to use one of these for something?

Thanks so much for all your patience and assistance. I feel like we're so close...
    [img]/w3timages/icons/baby.gif[/img]

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

lets start over. look at the help menu, choose "about outlook" it'll say corp or internet only mode.

when you publish the form, choose inbox from the dropdown and save it there. then when you are looking at mail in your inbox, look on the actions menu. the form will be listed.

when you send mail you use a different looking form than when you read arriving mail. that's because there are different read and create pages.

JGRAY12345678910

Outlook is corp. I published form, chose INBOX and it is saved there. Then I captured that saved form using ACTIONS, addressed and sent it.

When it was received, it did not have any form design.

Have we got it on the sending end? And now,just on the receiving end is left to demystify?

So close, so close.....[img]/w3timages/icons/baby.gif[/img]

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

ok we're halfway there.

are you using a separate read page? if so, did you design one? the read page select is on the form menu. you're will probably look a little different, but the menus work the same.

not sure why you didn't have the rtf checkboxes, i'll have to double check and see exactly where that option is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

JGRAY12345678910

So sorry - I don't know anything about a read page. I know I didn't design one. Do I do that while I'm creating a form? or can I do it after the fact? Thanks again for your patience. [img]/w3timages/icons/doh.gif[/img]

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

open the form in design mode and see if you have separate layouts checked. uncheck it and run the form, send to yourself and see if it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast