New Lounger
    Thanks

MS Publisher output changes when opened/printed at different computer-same ver publisher.

I create MS Publisher documents each week (for several years) and send the files to someone else to modify/correct and print and distribute; usually with-out problem. Recently, we have problems: when she opens the document the format (flow of text) in the document changes compared to what appeared on my computer. I check out each document for spacing and text flow throughout the multiple pages that everything looks correct. My creating these documents each week saves her many hours; if she has to "fix" each document, means wasted time.

We recently changed from a twelve page document printed on three 8.5x14 sheets printed back-to-back as booklet (without problem) to a six page tri-fold document printed on a 11X17 sheet printed back-to-back. I have successfully adapted to the new format and got everything included like before. BUT, when she opens the document to prepare for printing, she has move several sections forward or back to make it flow correctly.

We both are using Publisher 2010; she is using Win7 and I use Win8.1. We can not figure out in going on and how to fix. After using Publisher for over five years, I thought I understand how it worked--I guess not enough. Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    I haven't used Publisher for years but can remember from similar (and bitter) experience that you both need to have exactly the same printer and driver (e.g. PCL version) and paper size and page setup (margins, gutter, etc.) defined as the default before opening the Publisher document, otherwise the content will be re-flowed automatically.

Hope this helps...

Thanks
    I recently had a problem with an 8-1/2 X 11 Publisher document. The same document printed perfectly for many years, and with many different printers, until I got my current printer. It then started chopping off the right-most text which was in the right-most column. I solved it by adjusting the right-most margin of the right-most section -- I moved it to the left a little bit.

Perhaps moving your margins in a bit (but not hers) will allow the document to appear and print correctly on her computer.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Also don't forget that updates to a program can make it different from that same program on someone else's computer if they don't also have the same updates.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How about this for a solution. Adobe Acrobat was designed to do exactly this--preserve document formatting between the document producer and consumer. No, I'm not suggesting shifting wholesale over to Acrobat.

I suggest making your document in Publisher, then Save As, or Export, or Publish (whatever Publisher calls the process) to Acrobat PDF. Now typically, this will mean that the reader of the file will not be able to make any changes. There are some enhanced functions in Acrobat that allows form filling but hopefully you won't have to deal with that.