Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    davidhk

editing my email address and password.

As I am having trouble of NOT receiving replies notifications from this forum, I have decided to change my email address to see if I will get the usual notifications again.

So I went to Settings at top right > Edit Email & Password.
    And I proceeded to change my email address.
    I then received a notification to verify my new email address.
    That's all normal. I have gone through that before.

But here is the problem.............
    I clicked the link to complete the reverification and I was asked to complete a form about my employment.
    verification.jpg

First and foremost, that is confidential. I never filled in that form when I first registered, and I don't intend to do so this time. Is being employed a prerequisite to join the forum ?
    Secondly I am retired. How am I supposed to fill in a form that is not applicable to me ?

Will the mods or admins please clarify this for me ?
    Thank you very much.

Thanks
    That's not Windows Secrets' doing, rather, it's the owner, Pen[something]'s doing.
    If there is no way to bypass those nosy questions, put down you're working at Starbucks on the Moon Mon-Fri and on Mars Sat & Sun -- that might get the point across.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

davidhk
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post
    That's not Windows Secrets' doing, rather, it's the owner, Pen[something]'s doing.
    If there is no way to bypass those nosy questions, put down you're working at Starbucks on the Moon Mon-Fri and on Mars Sat & Sun -- that might get the point across.
    Thank you.

I won't bother to lie. I won't stoop that low.
    So I won't get email notification. Who cares.
    It's not my loss if I don't know I have a reply from the OP.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
    I understand you're not wanting to lie; I was simply suggesting such a bald-face humorous response in those fields that the powers that be would know you're making a point.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    Have you tried the "Contact" page listed in the buttons across the top? For problems with subscriptions and delivery contact customersupport@penton.com which is listed on that page. There is also a phone number on that page.
    I'm not a mod or admin, just trying to help.

davidhk
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post

After I made my reply to you, I received an email notification and that was from you.
    That notification was to my new address.

SO, I exited out from that questionnaire in a huff, and guess what the verification did apply without me actually verifying it.
    Go figure.

davidhk
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy95 View Post
    Have you tried the "Contact" page listed in the buttons across the top? For problems with subscriptions and delivery contact customersupport@penton.com which is listed on that page. There is also a phone number on that page.
    I'm not a mod or admin, just trying to help.

Thank you.
    I do very much appreciate your help.

Please see my reply post #6.

davidhk
    Strange.
    My new email address received 2 replies from RolandJS.
    But nothing from lumpy95, and no it is not in Junk folder.

Oh well.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Does your email provider have very aggressive spam filtering and can you turn it off?

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    David, what do you use to read your emails? I ask because I use Thunderbird and keep the spam folder empty. However, I had occasion to go to my account via webmail a couple of days ago and I found that there were some emails in my spam folder there. As it happens, none were spam so I marked them as such. So it's possible that if you use an email client, you're not seeing these emails; as Paul says, your provider might have aggressive filtering. On the other hand this may all be a red herring!
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

davidhk
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Does your email provider have very aggressive spam filtering and can you turn it off?

cheers, Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    David, what do you use to read your emails? I ask because I use Thunderbird and keep the spam folder empty. However, I had occasion to go to my account via webmail a couple of days ago and I found that there were some emails in my spam folder there. As it happens, none were spam so I marked them as such. So it's possible that if you use an email client, you're not seeing these emails; as Paul says, your provider might have aggressive filtering. On the other hand this may all be a red herring!
    WLM is my email client.
    Bell.net is my ISP.

I'm in Canada.

I don't believe Bell.net has aggressive spam filtering. I have been with it for years.
    In fact this is the first time I had a non-junk email thrown into Junk folder.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Your email client might not be seeing the junk folder at Bell.net, as access-mbd said. Use webmail to check.

cheers, Paul

davidhk
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Your email client might not be seeing the junk folder at Bell.net, as access-mbd said. Use webmail to check.

cheers, Paul
    That had been covered. See this thread, post #7.

Thanks
    David, your email/subscription settings look fine on the CP here, I don't have access to server logs to check further.

If/when you do find them on webmail, mark them as not spam and then whitelist them, it'll help others.

Any upsurge in emails from the same source might be auto-flagged by their filter; we had some issues several months ago after an increase in outgoing mail from the owner organisation, many recipients marked them as spam, others ignored them.

Always better to unsubscribe from bulk mailings from known contacts, rather them mark them as spam, otherwise the ISP/email provider's software will auto-flag them once a certain % threshold is reached, then all users of the same ISP/provider might have 'missing' email.

(Obviously, if bulk email is from a site/host that you've never had contact with, using the Unsubscribe links isn't recommended, you might end up with more spam -or worse.)

davidhk
    To all repliers of this thread,

There are no emails from my webmail. Not in Inbox, not in Junk, not in anywhere.

I am still missing a few replies from this forum.

bell mail.jpg

P.S. I don't have group mails.
    I don't belong to any group or distribution outlet.
    Last edited by davidhk; 2016-06-27 at 08:32.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast