Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Insider Preview build 10.0.14376.0 released to FAST ring

See Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile for features, fixes, and known problems.
    Joe

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

davidhk
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    See Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile for features, fixes, and known problems.

Thank you.

Thanks
    This is new

msalic.PNG

davidhk
    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Thank you.
    No issue installing.

Needed to :
    1. re-enable System Protection.
    2. re-enable Display mixed content (from IE11).
    3. re-add Google.ca as default Search Provider and remove Bing. I HATE Bing.

Now I see the "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" which, I think, was supposed to but not available to me in 14372.

Digital License.jpg

So far all going fine. No crashes, or bsod , nothing.

Created the first restore point for 14376.
    Did a system image backup.
    Created an iso file on ext. hdd.

All set for next build. :-)
    Last edited by davidhk; 2016-06-28 at 23:58.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    JoeP, good morning.
    I still am locked out of any new build. I have clicked on Updates 100 times but still no D/L. This machine was dormant for 6 months, is on 14316 still, gets all the Defender updates but not the OS. I find it a little frustrating but as I understand it, there is not much that I can do to hurry this up. I confirm that I am on Fast !
    Do not mind me ! Jean.

Thanks
    Jean,

Build 14372 was released to the slow ring yesterday so the ISO for that should be available soon.

You can check here for the latest ISOs.

davidhk
    To : handcuff36

Assuming your 14316 is activated.

Insider Preview build 14366 ISO is available to be download.
    It is not the current build, but it is the only iso download available.

Use this link :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...reviewadvanced

Scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer and select 14366 > Confirm > follow the prompts > make sure you pick the same language and bit-version you computer is now running.

Once you have the iso downloaded > right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    Installation should begin.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

If installation is successful, make sure it is activated.
    Hopefully you system will start looking for new build for you after this.
    Stay in Fast ring, of course.

Good luck.
    Last edited by davidhk; 2016-06-29 at 09:08.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Browni and David, a nice day to you both.
    Your suggestion is of course, prima quality. Why should I have to go to this other OS ? I have been able to get the latest OS before but after a long wait. The version that I have is activated and runs fine. What bugs me is the inability to go to 14376 when I want to. Who holds the permission rein ?
    I have but two machines here and neither will get 14376, yet. Eventually, as before, it would update/install after jumping a few hoops. Where is the stump ? I never had to go and run through your procedure before to get the last OS, I am not knocking it now, just curious as to why I need to get the "before last" build to eventually get the last one !
    Thanks for your time and succour, if I do not get the install in the next month, I will try it.

Darn ! After finishing this last of mine, I went and clicked on Updates and it saw 14376. Installing now on the laptop. The desktop will be given a try next. Thanks to you both.

Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2016-06-29 at 10:10.

davidhk
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    I never had to go and run through your procedure before to get the last OS, I am not knocking it now, just curious as to why I need to get the "before last" build to eventually get the last one !
    I am just offering you a possible "way out" of the quagmire.
    I have no idea why you cannot get the insider update since build 14316 which is 10 preview builds ago.
    Last edited by davidhk; 2016-06-29 at 11:07.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Please be sure to read the announcement. Sometimes when Microsoft releases several builds at once, both internal and external, the latest build may not be immediately available in all regions of the world. It takes sometime to distribute the builds to all the servers.
    Joe

Thanks
    Nice! A pity that the roll-out of Cortana to other countries is at a stand-still ...(and has been since the get-go).
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    David, me still.
    Yes, I appreciate your input totally. >>> a possible "way out" <<<. I am on the laptop now after it installed 14376 from 14367. This machine was on the same condition as the desktop now. 5 months of no use then an attempt in upgrading the OS. I will play with "Insider" on the desktop to see if it will install any other build or again quit insider and see if it will return to it after the one day lapse that is selectable on bowing out of insider.
    I am not giving up, please do not give up either. Jean.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jean,
    This may be of interest.
    http://www.askvg.com/fix-windows-10-...indows-update/

Mark

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Mark, how are you ?

Thanks a mega for this URL. I have it noted and will pursue reading it tomorrow. It seems to be worth the while but I have not yet tried it. I will get back to you when I do.

In the mean time, I might say that I am now running 14376 on my desktop. I am not at liberty to say how I did it but it was not the MS way. A little ingenuity at times goes a long way.

It still escapes me why one can not get these updates at will, on demand. MS wants it their way, ok but some of us are awake.

Jean.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Jean, I am fine, Thank You!

Changing the registry keys resolved this problem for me. Hopefully you find success. You are correct, a little ingenuity does go a long way.

Mark