Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010 "paste option" won't paste at cursor position anymore

Hi all,

Several times a day, I copy an image and paste it into a Word 2010 document. (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V)

It used to paste the image at the cursor position. One day, by a HUGE mistake, I think I clicked on "set as default" and now, no matter what I do, the image gets pasted at the upper left corner of whatever page I'm on -- NOT what I want!!! I'm spending so much time selecting & moving the graphic into position (and that screws up other image/text placements which have to be fixed, too) that it's no fun anymore. (Well, not that it was 'fun', but it was useful and I use it a lot.)

I've googled & googled til my googler is sore and I can't figure out how to put it back the way it was. I read references to going to File, Options, Advanced and changing the Cut, Copy, and Paste options, but I can't seem to find the right combination to put it back to what it was! (insert a little whine here) It's driving me batty!

Can anyone suggest any way to tell Word to paste the clipboard image at the cursor position?? Pleeeze?

TIA, Connie

Thanks
    Try right-clicking on the image then select option Wrap text. At the bottom of the there's an option to set as default layout. Ensure you have the appropriate option chosen (I suspect it should be In line with text). This is from 2016 so the route might be different in 2010. This might not work but it doesn't hurt to try!
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

3. The Following User Says Thank You to access-mdb For This Useful Post:

sewlady (2016-06-29)

Lounger
    Thanks
    access-mdb - thank you SOOOO much!!! The trick WAS "in line with text"!! Excellent!

Get ready, I'll be mentally thanking you several times a day! X's and O's!

Regards, Connie

Thanks
    I'm glad it helped!
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand