5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OneDrive Resetting Sync Selected Folders

For some reason, on my portable computer (which is connected via WiFi), OneDrive decided to go back to it's default configuration to sync all folders. I noticed this when I tried to do something yesterday and found that OneDrive was active and in the process of trying to download 6GB of files from the cloud. These are files I have put there for storage from my desktop computer - there's no way I want them on my portable.

I tried to stop it, but you cannot change the settings while it's in the process of syncing files. In the end, I had to let it just continue before I could change the settings and remove those folders from sync. Can you imagine if I had 50GB of stuff stored in OneDrive?

This morning, it had again reset the sync folders to all and I had to go through the entire goat rope again! I've pretty much had my fill of OneDrive. It's slow, awkward to use, and fussy as all get out. I'm thinking of going back to Dropbox for the few files I need to share and some offline storage service for other stuff.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

New Lounger
    Thanks

same issue

Hi,
    I have the same issue, the selected folders keeps on getting back to default setting everytime my oneDrive (micro SD drive) gets disconnected. I have over 80G of files so I only need selected folder to be sync to the microSD card. However, this issues only happens if syncing to my microSD card. On my other 2 PC the selected folders works perfectly.

can anyone help?
    thanks
    Jan-

Quote Originally Posted by gsmith-plm View Post
    For some reason, on my portable computer (which is connected via WiFi), OneDrive decided to go back to it's default configuration to sync all folders. I noticed this when I tried to do something yesterday and found that OneDrive was active and in the process of trying to download 6GB of files from the cloud. These are files I have put there for storage from my desktop computer - there's no way I want them on my portable.

I tried to stop it, but you cannot change the settings while it's in the process of syncing files. In the end, I had to let it just continue before I could change the settings and remove those folders from sync. Can you imagine if I had 50GB of stuff stored in OneDrive?

This morning, it had again reset the sync folders to all and I had to go through the entire goat rope again! I've pretty much had my fill of OneDrive. It's slow, awkward to use, and fussy as all get out. I'm thinking of going back to Dropbox for the few files I need to share and some offline storage service for other stuff.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Chen View Post
    I have the same issue, the selected folders keeps on getting back to default setting everytime my oneDrive (micro SD drive) gets disconnected. I have over 80G of files so I only need selected folder to be sync to the microSD card. However, this issues only happens if syncing to my microSD card. On my other 2 PC the selected folders works perfectly.
    You may have hit on the issue. My portable is a Surface and I have most of my data on a micro SD card. There was a problem using this card for OneDrive for the first few months, but MS updated the Surface firmware and the problems stopped. Since then, it's been OK.

Lately, I've been getting the message that OneDrive could not find it's folder, then it would find it. I wonder if when that happens, it's getting reset somehow. It may not matter because I'm rather fed up with OneDrive in general and am ready to toss it in the trash.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I might have solved the issue but it is still too early to tell.
    follow the steps after the Qtip cleaning section. basically you need to change the property on the SD card.

http://www.lovemysurface.net/microsd...g-after-sleep/

Quote Originally Posted by gsmith-plm View Post
    You may have hit on the issue. My portable is a Surface and I have most of my data on a micro SD card. There was a problem using this card for OneDrive for the first few months, but MS updated the Surface firmware and the problems stopped. Since then, it's been OK.

Lately, I've been getting the message that OneDrive could not find it's folder, then it would find it. I wonder if when that happens, it's getting reset somehow. It may not matter because I'm rather fed up with OneDrive in general and am ready to toss it in the trash.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I checked the properties on the device and found that "Better Performance" was not checked. Odd, since it had been previously. I'm wondering if there was an update to the driver which changed the settings. That would explain why this started happening in the past couple months.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OneDrive is definately resetting the sync folders after it disconnects. It seems that, for whatever reason, OneDrive is disconnecting when a virus scan takes place. This is definitely a change in behavior and represents the final straw that I needed to convince me to dump OneDrive.

BTW, getting rid of OneDrive in Windows 10 seems to be impossible without jumping through a bunch of hoops.
    Last edited by gsmith-plm; 2016-07-03 at 09:36.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, no matter what I do, this keeps happening to me. And since I have a directory on OneDrive that contains a number of large files that I do not want downloaded to my Surface tablet, I'm pretty well screwed. My only choice would seem to be to move OneDrive to C: and let it eat up valuable space.

More and more, it's become a case where you either do it the Microsoft way or you don't do it at all.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware