2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to change my photo in my profile

I was using Windows Live Mail but since it no longer supports Outlook.com, I have resorted to opening Outlook.com itself on my W7 Lenovo desktop PC. The first email I sent had an outdated photo of me on it so I went into the settings and changed it. Now, an abstract photo is displayed on the Outlook email page however, when I sent another email, the same old photo appeared! I went to the settings again and removed the photo altogether but it's still showing the abstract picture on the email page, though there's now no photo in the settings page, and it still shows my old photo when I send an email! HELP!

Thanks
    Windows Live Mail still supports Outlook.com if you set it up to use IMAP or POP. I'm currently using IMAP. Its a little slower but it works fine. Directions for using Outlook.com IMAP on windows Live Mail are here:
    http://www.guidingtech.com/24443/out...ows-live-mail/

Jerry

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I notice that article is several years old and the last notice I had from Windows Live Mail was that Outlook.com would begin upgrading from 30/06/16 and would no longer be able to be used in Windows Live mail. https://blogs.office.com/2016/05/05/...l-application/ (I currently have it set up to use POP but this is why I left WLM.)

Thanks
    The article is 7 years old but the settings are still valid. My reading of the Windows Live Mail notice is that Windows Live Mail would no longer work with Outlook.com using the default protocol. Pop and IMAP should still work unless they shut down the servers. IMAP in Windows Live Mail is still working fine for me today which is after the 6/29 date in the notice I got.

Jerry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

sylviesinc (2016-07-02)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK well, I did prefer reading my mail in WLM so I will try again. Thank you very much!