New Lounger
    Thanks

Edge - Open in new tab

Is there a setting, that I can't find, that will cause edge to automatically open the new tab when I click "Open in New Tab" on the context menu of a link? It's annoying having to physically click on the tab.

Why can't we set a new tab to open a default page selected by the user in settings?

People complain about I.E. but it had many usability features that are missing in Edge.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    I'm running Insider build 14379 which is very close to what will be in the Anniversary update due to be released August 2nd. In it you have very close to the same control over a new tab that you do in IE 11.
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    In your first question do you mean you want the new tab to have focus?
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If I click on "Open in New Tab" on the context menu of a link, the page is put in a new tab, but cannot be viewed until the user then clicks on the tab. In I.E. the tabs could be set to open automatically in those circumstances. Edge just seems to lack these "user-helpful" settings. In the same say, we can't seem to have a new tab open to out home page. We have to open a new tab and then click on the "Home" button. These seem to be backward steps in user-friendly terms.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you. I look forward to this.

davidhk
    Quote Originally Posted by mtitmas View Post
    Is there a setting, that I can't find, that will cause edge to automatically open the new tab when I click "Open in New Tab" on the context menu of a link? It's annoying having to physically click on the tab.

Why can't we set a new tab to open a default page selected by the user in settings?

People complain about I.E. but it had many usability features that are missing in Edge.
    IE have been my default for years.
    Only since last week I started to use Edge when accessing this forum. So I know very little about Edge.

If you open Edge > top right click the 3 dots > click Settings > under Open With, dot the "New tab page".

Will that do what you wanted ?
    Last edited by davidhk; 2016-07-07 at 09:33.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Only way I know right now is to hold down CTRL+SHIFT when right clicking and selecting "open in new tab".
    Joe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

Fyrewerx (2016-08-23)