3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Nexus 7 not recognised by computer

I have a Nexus 7 (2013 model), about four months old. Android version 6.01 and “system up to date”. Like many others I cannot see the contents – it reports folders empty on my upgraded Windows 10 desktop and laptop plus a Windows 7 netbook. I have tried various suggestions from the Nexus forum but without success; tried three cables, re-booted, tried to update the driver but apparently it is working and up to date, but as it fails to work on three separate computers it is probably the device that is the problem. I tried swiping for notifications but whilst there are some none relate to usb or anything similar. I have tried Settings > About Tablet > Build Number <-- tap Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options, then...Settings > Developer Options > Select USB Configuration > set to MTP – it was already set to MTP, I tried PTP and a couple of folders were shown but they were empty. It worked when I first had it, but then the desktop was Windows 7, but it has subsequently upgraded from Android 4.4 to 6.01, so maybe that is the problem. Any suggestions please?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I use ES File Explorer to transfer files from my Nexus 7 to my PC (and vice versa) via wifi in the house.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Mine works fine once I enable File Transfers (MTP).
    With the Nexus connected to USB, swipe down for notifications and tap the USB option. Select Charging. Swipe down and tap USB, select File Transfer. Should be fine now.

cheers, Paul

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Mine works fine once I enable File Transfers (MTP).
    With the Nexus connected to USB, swipe down for notifications and tap the USB option. Select Charging. Swipe down and tap USB, select File Transfer. Should be fine now.

cheers, Paul
    I got this same advice on an Android forum and it solved the problem. My Nexus 7 USB was set to "Charge only".

Thanks
    The same thing happens with the iPhone, but it is resolved differently. When I plug in my iPhone to the computer, it asks me if the computer is trusted. If I say Yes, then I can see the contents of the iPhone on the computer.