iNET Interactive
    Thanks

Live archiving of 'obsolete' Windows setups

Field Notes

Live archiving of 'obsolete' Windows setups

By Tracey Capen

In the most recent Best Utilities column, I discussed tools I was adding to a new Windows 7 PC. I also noted that I imaged the old system to have as an archive.

In this column, I'll report on restoring the archive as a virtual machine.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/field-notes/live-archiving-of-obsolete-windows-setups/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Tracey - in the section about "Making VirtualBox work nicely with True Image", and also in another article I saw about True Image, it was not mentioned that True Image doesn't work with Vista - I found that in the "requirements" section on their site. Important for me because I wanted to use the Universal Restore feature to move my vista machine to a virtualbox on my win10 machine, which I haven't had any luck with thus far (using macrium reflect).

Just thought it would be helpful to point this out. This fact also surprises me since it *is* apparently compatible with XP!

Ron