3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem with existing spreadsheet developed by Zeddy (Take Two!)

Hello! There is now a problem with the attached spreadsheet that has been working perfectly up to this point. It looks like it has been corrupted somehow. The issue is in the "Loads" and "Week" columns specifically, which affects other links on linked sheets. It's wherever "####" shows up in the columns. I haven't had to use this report for several months, but it worked fine earlier this week. I am needing it again today to report loads of logs that have come in for which I have to generate payments. Please help! Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The hashes in the Delivery Report show on mine but revert to dates when you expand the column.
    The format for column C "# Loads" is "[$-409]DDD M/D/YY H:MM AM/PM;@", which looks a little strange. I think it should be a single digit "0".

The format for column H, "Week" seems to be the same and the monthly totals.

cheers, Paul

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

There was a bug in Excel 2007 that changed all general formats to a [$-409] type date format.
    (It sometimes happens in shared workbooks).

To fix your issue:
    1. open the workbook
    2. select an empty cell (e.g. on sheet [Delivery Log] click on cell [K5] )
    3. press [Ctrl][1] to bring up the 'Format cells' dialog
    4. It should be showing the [Number] tab, with category Custom selected in the left pane, and in the right pane it should be highlighting the [$-409]ddd... format
    5. click the [Delete] button to delete this format
    6. Everything will then go back to normal
    7. click the [OK] button to cancel the [Format Cells] dialog
    8. save the file

If you have any problems, report back

zeddy
    (back home from emergency surgery last week; 36 chest-staples being removed today; just sharing the fun)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zeddy For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2016-07-12)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh my, zeddy, hope you are recovering well from your surgery. So sorry you had to go through that! Welcome back!

I am going to print you instructions now and see if I can get this file fixed. I'll let you know how it turns out. You mentioned Excel 2007, but I am now using 2010, so not sure how this will go. Giving it a try, though!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Zeddy - Worked like a charm! I'll say it again, I don't know what I have done without all you helpful people at Woody's Lounge over the years. You have certainly made me look good. Everyone is always impressed with what I'm able to do with spreadsheets, etc. And I don't understand what I'm really doing much of the time, just following your instructions. Thanks again!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, now I am having a problem with one customer on the Weekly Supplier Report. I've attached the file again, left open to the page with the problem customer. It's not picking up the prior week's total or the current week's total. Thanks for looking into this for me!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by k32rem; 2016-08-18 at 10:42.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

I will try and work out how that occurred, and will report back.
    I the meantime, if you click the 'clicker' button on sheet [Weekly Supplier Report] (in column [B] on the left-side of the Supplier address label) to select a different supplier e.g click the 'down' part of the clicker to select Randy xxxx, then, click the 'up' part of the clicker to re-select Paul xxxx, then the prior weeks total should be shown.

zeddy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zeddy For This Useful Post:

k32rem (2016-08-24)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ah, yes, that worked! I never even noticed that clicker on the left side before. Blind in one eye and can't see out of the other, as my brother used to say. Thanks so much! Guess you can't fix what isn't broke now. Thanks again!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Hi

..thanks for posting back.
    Selecting a different Supplier will always trigger a refresh of the displayed data.

If you add a new Supplier, and then select that Supplier on the [Weekly Supplier Report] before adding any shipments on the data sheet, then, as expected, the [Weekly Supplier Report] will not show any historical data etc for that particular Supplier.
    If you then add shipments for that new Supplier (on the shipments data entry sheet) and then go back to the [Weekly Supplier Report], then the 'refresh' isn't triggered yet (because a different Supplier hasn't been selected). We could add a small bit of code to always refresh the data whenever you switch to the sheet [Weekly Supplier Report]. This would be placed on the code-sheet, as a SheetActivate event.

Let me know if you want me to add that.

zeddy