3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printer apps for HP printers in Windows 10

I have just upgraded our three PCs to Windows 10.

No problems. We have several printers, two of which are HP, OfficeJet 7610 and Envy 110. These both have the typical HP software front-ends, which seem to work without any problems (yet?) in Windows 10. However, I keep being told that I can download "printer apps" from the Windows Store, presumably to replace the existing software front-ends.

Does anyone have any experience - stick with what I have and which works, or change to the Windows Store apps?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    What is telling you to download printer apps? If you have HP printers and software working as you wish I'd leave it alone.
    Joe

Thanks
    After years of HP printers and the increasing bloatware that can get added by a 'typical' install from the HP disk, I now make sure that I carry out a 'custom' install each time and install only the driver and none of the HP 'extras'.

Could it be a HP Updater or HP Customer Satisfaction program 'telling' you about the apps in the Windows Store? If so, and your printer is working fine, then I would un-install the HP 'extras'.

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Rick Corbett; 2016-07-10 at 18:21.