New Lounger
    Thanks

Plugged in, not charging

Hi everyone,
    I have a HP Pavillion Laptop 15-n263sa mod F9T48EA, 64 bit, it was on windows 8 but upgraded to windows 10 Home last year, this is the third time I have had this problem that after windows update I get the problem (plugged in, not charging) although battery level doesn't really drop, before I have done system restore, reset system, downloaded latest drivers from HP, deleted ACPI adaptor & ACPI control, tried starting on battery & then back on mains power, can anyone help me with this annoying problem,

Many Thanks,

Skilts.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Some laptops have what is called a conservation mode, where the laptop is plugged in but won't be charged, as a battery conservation mechanism. To change such behavior, normally you need to use manufacturer specific software, so I would check HP's support website for software to do this. It is not necessarily battery related.

Lenovo uses a similar strategy and access to control the feature occurs through two of their apps.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have spent hours on HP support forum trying to find a solution to this, it seems quite a common problem with their products but unable to solve it, I only seem to get this after a cricital update from microsoft

Administrator
    Thanks
    Yes, you seem to be right, there are a lot of posts about this issue and most seem to report real problem situations.

Some of the advice I have seen can be summarized by this post: http://jeffreypalermo.com/blog/plugg...ws-7-solution/

Please be aware that I have never used this procedure (fortunately all such situations with my laptop have been done by me, on purpose, using software I mentioned in my previous reply), so it is to be done carefully, if you decide to try them.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well chaps. at this point of time it has repaired itself & is charging again up to 100%,
    something not right though

Administrator
    Thanks
    Well, keep the post as a reference and try it if it happens again .
    Rui
    -------
    R4