5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to use WSUS offline updater - for a non-techie

I am 1 of the God-knows-how-many-users who are having problems with Windows Update.

Reading various threads here, one site I was pointed to was:
    http://wu.krelay.de/en/2016-07.htm

I have downloaded the recommended updates he points to for my W7 64-bit laptop.

My problem is that when I try to run any 1 of the updates the system goes into "looking for previous updates" mode, and that runs endlessly.

Further down on the krelay page, in the section called: "steps to take after Windows installation", he talks about using the WSUS offline package from a CMD shell.

I've confessed my non-techie ignorance many times on this site and people here have always come through with their helpful suggestions.

Can someone please lay out the steps I would have to follow to use WSUS from such a CMD shell to run 7 Windows update packages?

Thanks as always,
    Dick

Thanks
    The updates listed on the krelay page should be installed without WU running:

Install the following updates BEFORE letting Windows search for updates, to avoid this very search taking "forever"
    Disable Automatic Updates:
    Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update > Change settings > "Never check for updates"
    (Optional) Stop "Windows Update" service: Open Windows Task Manager > Tab "Services" > Right-click on "wuauserv" > Stop service
    Download the updates mentioned above and install them via WUSA on a CMD shell (as Administrator):

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Satrow. I saw what you quoted, and I am asking how to install them via WUSA on a CMD shell.

I'm looking for "the rest of the story." It's probably called: "How to do that for dummies".

Dick