iNET Interactive
    Thanks

Private systems generate corporate error message

LangaList Plus

Private systems generate corporate error message

By Fred Langa

Ever get an error message such as "Some settings are managed by your organization " or "Disabled by Company Policy" when you try to alter settings on a personal PC you own? Here's the fix.

Plus: How the Win10 clean-install process has changed, and a Win7-to-Win10 upgrade gets stuck in airplane mode!

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/langalist-plus/private-systems-generate-corporate-error-message/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Initially using Microsoft account

Dear Mr Langa,
    In relation to the impending change from 'Digital Licence' to 'Digital Entitlement', you write that it is important to at least initially, use the Microsoft Account for signing in. Upon setting up my system anew (Win 10 Pro 64 bits) after changing my boot drive, I did exactly that. I found that Microsoft then created a user account on the machine by arbitrarily using half of the part in front of the @-sign of my email address. Not only that, it was not properly capitalised. I found that very annoying. After all, Windows is not Unix or Linux. So, I did again set up my system from scratch and this time created a local user account (with administrator rights) exactly as I want it. Then, I changed the login process to using my Microsoft account. Everything is working well. My question now: will I have a problem when Microsoft implements the intended changes, because I did not initially use my Microsoft account, as your column seems to imply is required?
    Best regards,

Thanks
    "MrFred,"

Noticed you did not suggest using the "Hidden Master Administrator" to make changes for this issue.
    TIA, CU L8R,
    NTxLS Win7 Pro 64bit SP1; FireFox v49.x, all with the latest updates

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    DITTO'ing a question as per Abdhul, above -
    I currently am signed in with a LOCAL ACCOUNT, I do NOT WANT TO USE a microsoft account, for my windows 10 (I upgraded last year)
    When they CHANGE their requirement, and licensing, can I STILL USE my LOCAL account, and NOT USE a microsoft account?

ALSO, I have FOUR machines; IF a microsoft account is used,can each machine be under the SAME account?