iNET Interactive
    Thanks

Preparing for the Win10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10

Preparing for the Win10 Anniversary Update

By Tracey Capen

Just when we were getting used to Windows 10's user interface, Microsoft is making more changes with the soon-to-arrive Anniversary Update.

Fortunately, the changes are more tweaks and for the most part, they're improvements.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/top-story/preparing-for-the-win10-anniversary-update/ (opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using the Classic Shell overlay on my Win 10 PCs; should I uninstall it before the update? (I hate the Win 10 native GUI.)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The only thing that it appears you missed mentioning is that the "Version" of Build 14393 is "1607". Doesn't that infer that everyone who is currently on "1511" is going to get a gigantic 'Upgrade"?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djcnovak View Post
    I am using the Classic Shell overlay on my Win 10 PCs; should I uninstall it before the update? (I hate the Win 10 native GUI.)
    YES, then reinstall after the upgrade.
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennygr View Post
    The only thing that it appears you missed mentioning is that the "Version" of Build 14393 is "1607". Doesn't that infer that everyone who is currently on "1511" is going to get a gigantic 'Upgrade"?
    Yes, it will be a big upgrade.
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    One thing I found annoying was the large space taken up by Cortana. Changed the setting to "Small Icons" which removed it and allowed space for the shortcuts I wanted without the also annoying up / down button.
    Upgraded to Win 10 a while back, only problem was Adobe documents were set to open with Edge. Just changed the program to use on one and now they all work and open as they should.