5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The Touch Screen Has Quit Working

I have a Toshiba Satellite S55t-B5273NR laptop. It is about a year old. It has a touch screen and was running Win8.1 until a couple of days ago. I have now upgraded to Win10. A couple of months ago my touch screen quit working. I use a mouse most of the time and didn't notice the touch problem for a while and then I wasn't able to get it to work again. I ran out of time to get the free upgrade to Win10. So, now I need to figure out how to fix this problem. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
    Bill

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillWilson View Post
    I ran out of time to get the free upgrade to Win10. So, now I need to figure out how to fix this problem.
    ? I don't understand. If you qualify, you can get the free upgrade until July 29.

Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwitalka View Post
    ? I don't understand. If you qualify, you can get the free upgrade until July 29.
    Jerry
    Yes, but July 29 is not far away and I didn't know if the upgrade would go smoothly or not. Also, I need to upgrade my wife's laptop too before the 29th. I really didn't think it would make much difference to the touch screen problem which version of Windows was running. Was I wrong about that? I can return to Win8.1 for a few days if need be.

Bill

Thanks
    Its possible Windows a Windows 10 install could find better Touch Screen drivers but there's no guarantee. Doesn't hurt to try. In spite of what you read here the majority of the upgrades go smoothly. It doesn't hurt to try. You would have 30 days to roll back to Windows 8.1 and would preserve your free Windows 10 upgrade if you decide to try it again later.

Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I know I can roll back to Win8.1 in the next days but I don't know if there is an advantage in that. I don't know that it is a driver problem either since it worked fine for 9-10 months before it quit! It really is a puzzle.

Thanks,
    Bill