4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Textbox calculation (97/SR2)

I made a post similar to this a few days ago, but didn't explain it very well - therefore I have made a DB.

Attached is a database that has a count (was a query but I made the table to include here) of teachers at schools with a total at the bottom. Next to it is the percentage of teachers out of the total. However, I cannot get the total percentage to display at the bottom (although it should add up to 100%).

Any help would be much appreciated as when I attempted it, a prompt was displayed for the name of field (text3) that holds the percentage.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Textbox calculation (97/SR2)

I don't know if this is the best way to do it but it works.
    I add an invisible control, copy of text3 (Percentage) and set the running sum to yes.
    The controlsource of the textbox in the footer is set to =[text10] (the invisible textbox)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Francois

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Textbox calculation (97/SR2)

Wow, thanks Francois, thats perfect.

I had a look at the running sum explanation in Access help, but I didn't understand the description enough to solve my problem. Then I attempted to write a bit of vba to add the total to a public variable as the report was made, but that didn't work and was really messy!

Thanks again for sorting that out for me.