Lounger
    Thanks

Windwos 10 does not use name of two passport drives when ejecting

I backup my two data drives with two identical WD passport drives. When I eject them, Windows calls them "Passport drive" (or something like that) instead of the names I assigned ("documents backup" and "image backup." Suppose I want to eject one but not the other. How can I make Windows identify the drives by the name I assigned to them? When they first open, they are correctly identified in the window that pops up.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you open up Explorer and right-click on the drive name, do you have an option to eject?

Also, it's possible (perhaps probable) that you don't have to eject the drives in Win10. With the drive(s) connected, right click on Start then open Computer Management / Device Manager. Find the drive and right click on it for Properties. Look at the Policies tab. If the drives are marked for Quick Removal, then you don't need to eject them before you disconnect them.
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I have 2 such drives, 750GB and 1TB. I use Rename [or the old DOS Label command] to identify by size, if having both the same size such as the 2 MyBooks I have I used the size plus the number 1 or 2, such as WDC2TB_1 and WDC2TGB_2, helps make life simpler.