Thread: lost files

Lounger
    Thanks

lost files

I just installed WIN 10. When I go to Win Explorer, quite a few of my files are missing, mostly .xls files. Even if I do a search for a particular file, it's not found. How do I retrieve these files?

Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You say they're missing, what is the complete path to the folder where you previously stored those .xls files?

When you say you "installed WIN 10" do you mean you Upgraded to 10? Or, did you perform a "clean install"?
    If you performed a clean install then they may be gone; if you did an "upgrade" to Windows 10 then you may be able to track them down by looking in the "Windows.old" folder.

Lounger
    Thanks

lost files

Quote Originally Posted by RockE View Post
    You say they're missing, what is the complete path to the folder where you previously stored those .xls files?

When you say you "installed WIN 10" do you mean you Upgraded to 10? Or, did you perform a "clean install"?
    If you performed a clean install then they may be gone; if you did an "upgrade" to Windows 10 then you may be able to track them down by looking in the "Windows.old" folder.
    I "found" the files. I was looking in the wrong Documents folder. This question can be closed.

Joe