3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Updates to Microsoft Service Agreement?

I have received an email, apparently from Microsoft, saying that "we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more of the Microsoft products or services that you use. We’re making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you, as well as to cover additional Microsoft products, services and features." It goes on:

"The updates to the Microsoft Services Agreement will take effect on 15 September 2016. If you continue to use our products and services on or after 15 September 2016, you are agreeing to the updated Microsoft Services Agreement....... If you do not agree, you can choose to discontinue using the products and services, and close your Microsoft account before these terms become effective."

Is this email legitimate? And even if it is, how can I agree to changes by simply doing nothing?

Thanks
    Satrow posted about this here, seems pretty clear that it's legit.
    Lugh.
    ~
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1607; Office 2016 (365 Home) x32; Win Defender, MBAM Pro

ASRock H97 Anniversary; Xeon E3-1231V3 (like i7)
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970; 12GB Crucial DDR3 1600
    Logitech MX Master mouse; Roccat Isku kb

Thanks
    If you're getting this via email, don't click on any links within it, it's possible that some phisher is using this new agreement as a decoy, possibly to try to foist ransomware on you.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I saw this message in my Hotmail account just today [hadn't checked since about 10 days ago]. Before reading it I was cleaning out some messages and it disappeared, not in Deleted Items or Inbox now. Don't usually have messages self-destruct so will add that to the Suspicious Activity list.

Thanks
    I just checked my Hotmail, the message looks genuine, the shortened links in the body are all MS, sender is an MS domain.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    The message showed up again in my Hotmail. Apparently Microsoft was updating to the 'new' Outlook.com interface at the time and re-reading/re-indexing the Inbox.