Thanks

Changing the download location using Edge

Looks like you cannot change the download folder location when using edge. I know it can be changed in the register and I can do it but do I want to? The thing is, I shouldn't have too! I know Firefox can change it and probably Chrome too, but Edge? It couldn't be that difficult to add that feature in the settings area and Edge can make the register change. To me, Edge is outdated before it came out! Disappointed. Back to Firefox and Microsoft lost yet another user. Come on Microsoft, catch up will you?
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    I can change the download location in Edge. However, I am running the latest Insider Preview build. Unless you are running a preview version your Edge will be different and you'll have to wait for the Anniversary update.
    Joe

davidhk
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega3 View Post
    Looks like you cannot change the download folder location when using edge. I know it can be changed in the register and I can do it but do I want to? The thing is, I shouldn't have too! I know Firefox can change it and probably Chrome too, but Edge? It couldn't be that difficult to add that feature in the settings area and Edge can make the register change. To me, Edge is outdated before it came out! Disappointed. Back to Firefox and Microsoft lost yet another user. Come on Microsoft, catch up will you?
    Will this article/tutorial help ?
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change...-location-edge
    Last edited by davidhk; 2016-07-30 at 09:43.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Thanks for reply and for the link. I'll quote what the article says, "While the browser is fast, secure and use new technology, it does not allow you to do several things, one of which is to be able to change the download location of files." However, the solution he offers is to allow Edge to download to the normal location and then Windows 10 moves it to the location you specify. Since my C drive is an SSD I want to be able to prevent all the writing and deleting on the SSD. I need it to download directly to my HDD from Edge and Edge does not do that like Firefox does.
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    See post #2 from JoeP517. August 2nd is just around the corner.

RockE