Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Question How to get 4 swfmovies loading sequentially

Hi fellow Loungers,

Sorry for post length...want to give you as much info as possible...

I'm trying to upload an updated series of 4 Flash swf files (4 sets of quizzes). The current quizzes work fine: a new quiz game appears each time a user retries. A developer no longer with us did original upload for me using Easy Flash Embed plugin. Neither WP plugin forums nor plugin developer has responded in 3 weeks, so am coming to the Lounge for help.

I have uploaded the new swf files to our server. Developer's original swf files included a "loader.swf" so copied it into the server folder with the 4 new swf games.

However, I just get a blank white box in place of a functioning image link to the first quiz set.

If I upload just one swf file in the HTML code, it opens and works fine.

So I think it must be the "loader.swf" that makes the 4 work sequentially...and the one I copied must not work with the new swf's. Maybe "loader.swf" is something the plugin inserts with the new files??

Hoping a more knowledgeable Lounger can explain what to do. Although not overly technical, I can follow instructions...and will do so happily.

The game is paid content so I'm not comfortable providing a public link. If it helps, here is a link to a landing page where you can see how the quiz works. It's a quiz golf game. Just click the first image, Play:
    http://www.mygoforthegreen.com/go/ch...-preview-play/

Code for Current Functioning Quizzes
    <div class="module-wrapper">[swf src="http://www.mygoforthegreen.com/media/challenge/loader.swf" width=885 height=664]</div>

Thanks for any advice you can offer. Nothing I do helps!

Linda

P.S. Please let me know if you require any further information.

System: Windows 7 SP1; WordPress 4.5.3

Last edited by IreneLinda; 2016-08-01 at 10:32. Reason: Added System info

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    An update...it's fixed.

All I had to do was change the name of the updated swf files to the name of the original ones on our server...and they worked perfectly. Our original site designer, long gone, helped me out with this by phone.

Hope this simple fix might help some other confused Lounger!

Linda

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Great!! Glad you got it resolved. Thanks for posting your solution.
    Joe