2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

CloudFlare pop up is preventing access to some web pages

When I attempt to access certain web pages e.g. kickass, a full screen pop up window appears from "cloudfare" with an "error 522" preventing my access. There are many postings on the internet about this problem, but it is hard to sort out the "wheat from the chaff". I have tried adding kickass to my exceptions - does not work. I have run Reimage Repair - do not work. I have run Malawarebytes - does not work. Can anybody suggest how I can get rid of this problem please?
    PS: I have also tried searching the control panel for cloudfare but without finding it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    According to Error 522: Connection timed out it means the origin site web server cannot be reached. That is not your fault.
    Joe

Thanks
    I suspect most of the genuine KAT sites have been taken down. Wiki's version:

It was founded in 2008 and went offline on 20 July 2016, when the domain was seized by the United States government. The site's proxy servers were shut down by its staff at the same time.[
    Any sites claiming to be KAT now are likely to be copycat/scam sites, not at all trustworthy.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As mentioned above, the 522 error is not CloudFlare blocking anything. It is a problem with the origin server.

A 522 error response is returned when CloudFlare could not establish a TCP connection to the website’s origin server.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en...tion-timed-out

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. My problem now is how did CloudFlare get onto my PC? How do I get rid of it? I can't find it in the control panel "uninstall" list. Can anybody help in this regard please?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satrow View Post
    I suspect most of the genuine KAT sites have been taken down. Wiki's version:

Any sites claiming to be KAT now are likely to be copycat/scam sites, not at all trustworthy.
    Thanks Satrow, I did not know that! Can you suggest another similar site for downloading torrents? I have used the pirate bay, but would prefer not to.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    CloudFlare is a CDN (Content Delivery Network). A web site will contract with a CDN to get faster, more reliable service worldwide most often for the static parts of its website. The website you are trying to reach is redirected to CloudFlare which in turn will contact the actual site for the dynamic part of the web page. CloudFlare will then assemble and serve the complete page. CloudFlare is not installed on your PC. It is just an intermediary. You don't have to do anything to get rid of it.
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by casso View Post
    Thanks for the replies. My problem now is how did CloudFlare get onto my PC? How do I get rid of it? I can't find it in the control panel "uninstall" list. Can anybody help in this regard please?
    CloudFlare can't be "in" or "on" your PC. As referenced above it is a CDN (Content Delivery Network) that also provides various optimization and protection services for a site. Nothing from CloudFlare "lives" on your site or in your code. It stands in the middle between the site visitor and your site servers.