New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 10 - Pin sign-in problem

When I try to add a Pin sign-in, all I get is an error that says "Something went wrong. Try again later." I have searched and do not find any information to fix this specific problem. I have added another user, same problem. I have added a MS account, same problem. Do not get a "I forgot my pin" prompt.

Tried the SSL solution, same error. Tried the C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Lo cal\Microsoft\NGC folder solution did nothing to help!

Huh....it worked when I first installed Win 10 on (3/16/2016) and then several weeks ago it stopped working. Something removed my Pin!

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise version 1511 (OS Build 10586.494)

Anybody have a possible solution?

Thanks for any and all your help.

Michael F. Stout
    Last edited by mfstout; 2016-08-02 at 09:35. Reason: misspelling errors

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you tried it with a clean boot?

Have you tried running SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt?
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I run a sfc /scannow I get the following error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios."

I do not understand what that means! I look at the CBS log and it says CSI Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed have been successfully repaired.

I will try a clean boot. Clean boot has no effect.

Thanks
    Last edited by mfstout; 2016-08-02 at 09:52. Reason: finish

Thanks
    From an elevated Command Prompt run

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I get an error when I run this command.

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

I have tried using a source of the Windows 10 image and using the esd.install file but dism says it cannot find files and errors with Error: 0x800f081f.

Wow, who knew it was this hard!

Here is the command I used:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:esd:g:\sources\install.esd /limitaccess

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Michael

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I ran the dism command and it gave me an error about could not find source files. Tried to fix but no luck...spent an hour plus..

I did some further research into the file in error when running sfc /scannow...it was opencl.dll and found this website for a possible fix...http://appuals.com/repair-corrupt-op...in-windows-10/

It worked! Unfortunately I still have the error when trying to use a PIN! Guess it is one thing at a time.