Thanks

If you still want the W10 freebie, read this

In spite of the official end of the free Windows 10 update offer on July 29, it seems any valid Windows 7/8.x retail product key still installs Windows 10 for now.
    Windows 10 free upgrade is still available using Windows 7 and 8 product keys

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows...-product-keys/

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If you want to use this method you better move fast. No telling when Microsoft will make it unavailable. Microsoft is already planning to close free Windows 10 accessibility upgrade loophole.
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    If you want to use this method you better move fast. No telling when Microsoft will make it unavailable. Microsoft is already planning to close free Windows 10 accessibility upgrade loophole.
    I agree Joe especially since something has been published about it. But then again, it could be on purpose after reading Microsoft's response to the author.

Thanks
    Microsoft are a really mixed up bunch when it comes to 'assistive technologies':
    https://www.microsoft.com/enable/at/types.aspx

Then checkout those technologies already in W10 here: https://www.microsoft.com/enable/pro...0/default.aspx

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I was wondering if this was a ruse by MS to get more into using Win 10 - do you think they could be that devious

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    If Swaggy_McSwagSwag says so, it must be true.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's not until you get down quite a ways in the article where you find mention that this is speaking about using the key from a retail copy of Win7/8. I seem to recall that you could upgrade an installed OEM copy but you could not use an OEM key to do the upgrade before Jul 29th, so this may not be new.

Also, I find it odd that the article mentions that Paul Thurrott "noted last week that he still was able to get Windows 10 for free using an existing product key." Well, the article was written on Aug 3 and last week ended on the 29th so I'd say, "Of course he could do it last week, the offer hadn't ended."
    Graham Smith
    DataSmith, Delaware
    "For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.", Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)