New Lounger
    Thanks

downloaded windows 10 problems

I have a desktop computer and downloaded the free windows 10 two days ago. since then my computer has been freezing up, programs not working properly and if I go into windows settings to try and do the updates, nothing happens and within a few minutes my computer has frozen again - can't even use the start box to do a restart or shutdown - have to press the off button on the tower. very frustrating, help please. We have also run system mechanic and zone alarm and can't figure out the problem
    thanks

Thanks
    A program that is incompatible with W10 is probably causing the problem. Use "Autoruns" to diagnose the problem.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta..._autoruns.html

Disable all the non Microsoft programs that start at boot. If the problem stops, its a matter of restarting each one in turn until you find the culprit.

Running "Who Crashed" may also point you in the right direction.

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Always check for bundled unwanted extras when downloading and installing any new software and be sure to decline them. Use custom install when itís available.

Thanks
    Security (or other software that uses drivers/filters that operate close to the Windows kernel) software installed in the older Windows is very likely to be the problem, uninstall them, use the maker's tools/routine to ensure they're fully cleaned out. Reboot and then reinstall them.