New Lounger
    Thanks

AGP Graphics card

Good morning,

I have a client with an oldish machine who accepted the win 10 upgrade after it stated her 3Gb ram win 7 32 bit desktop pc was compatible.

She uses microsoft's games (solitaire and Mahjong) which now run at a snails pace and often won't run at all.

After a little research I found the probable cause was windows had deleted her graphics drivers (ATI Radeon 9600 pro AGP 8x) and substituted their basic vga one. A look on her driver site found her card will not be having win 10 drivers added.

Anyone know of an AGP 8X slot card with win 10 drivers or even a PCI (NOT PCIex) card? This is the UK by the way.

I think she has a short while before the 30 day limit to revert back to win 7 comes into force.

Thanking you all in advance.

Thanks
    Perhaps this will be helpful. It is from a user who has Windows 10-32 with an AGP video card. He tells how he got the video card working.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
    Perhaps this will be helpful. It is from a user who has Windows 10-32 with an AGP video card. He tells how he got the video card working.
    Thanks for that. I'll give it a go and get back.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
    That's the card I have on this machine; nvidia don't say it supports Win 10, but they don't say it doesn't, either. It just goes to show - it's always worth trying a driver for an older OS.

This may also be of interest to the OP.

Oh, and this.
    Last edited by tonyl; 2016-08-05 at 13:17. Reason: afterthought

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have her create a full system image of what she has now, revert back and create a full system image onto different media for her Win 7 then she can go back to Win 10 without having to worry if she will have an usable Win 10 - if she hasn't already done that.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    mrjimphelps,

Did you know that site referred to is crapware?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyl View Post
    That's the card I have on this machine; nvidia don't say it supports Win 10, but they don't say it doesn't, either. It just goes to show - it's always worth trying a driver for an older OS.

This may also be of interest to the OP.

Oh, and this.
    Thanks I'll give it a look.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marthamcomputers View Post
    mrjimphelps,

As far as I know, TenForums is a legitimate site. It is run by the same people who have SevenForums and EightForums, and I know that those two are legitimate sites.

Is there something specific that you have found on TenForums that concerns you?

Thanks
    I would be interested to know where you got that reference from as I have used tenforums for awhile now and have seen no problems with it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry. see above. I often also use Tenforums.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry for misunderstanding. The poster on Tenforums refers onward to Reviversoft.com for a possible solution. reviversoft is crapware.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marthamcomputers For This Useful Post:

lumpy95 (2016-08-09),mrjimphelps (2016-08-10),satrow (2016-08-09)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried the Vista drivers for the Radeon 9600? They may possibly work with Win10.

You can find them here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...Vista%20-%2032

If the installer says you don't have a compatible OS, you could try updating the driver from Device Manager and pointing it at the folder where the self-extractor has been unpacked.

(I've successfully got Win10 working using Vista drivers for a slightly-newer Radeon Xpress 200M on an old - 2006-vintage - laptop.)