New Lounger

Word 2000 addin problem

I need to set up being able to download a word add-in from the internet to a users machine. (This download will also include dlls)
    From my research using a cab file and setting up an .inf file is the best way.
    I have set up a cab file which includes the word addin and dlls and an inf file.

My problem is I need the inf file to reference installing the word add-in to MS Word's Start Up path. Hard coding the path is not an option.
    Because the inf file can set and edit registry settings, it could help if I could find where in the registry the StartupPath is for Word 2000. I can find it for Word 97 ie:
    ...SoftwareMicrosoftOffice8.0WordOptions section in the registry. but I can't find it in ...SoftwareMicrosoftOffice9.0WordOptions?????

Firstly, can anyone tell me where in the registry settings is the Startup Path for Word 2000 is and secondly, does anyone know of a better way of downloading an add-in for Word to a user's machine from the internet bearing in mind my download will include dlls which is why I chose the CAB file to do it.

I would be grateful for any help with this one.

Thank you

Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, Wisconsin, USA

Re: Word 2000 addin problem

Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin